Re: python2.1-pgsql ?

On Wed, 2001-11-14 at 13:57, Tille, Andreas wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I´ve checked BTS and found a bug filed against python2-pgsql that it
> has to be replaced by python2.1-pgsql.  Unfortunately this bug is not
> resolved yet.  I tried to build a local package from source but it
> depends from python2-mxdatetime.  The bug against this package is
> resolved by
>
>   Please remove python2-mxdatetime from the archives (both testing and
>   unstable); it is obsolete and replaced by other packages.
>
> Could anybody tell me which packages I need to build a local python2.1-pgsql?
> Does anybody perhaps have such packages?  Moreover I also need
> python2.1-psycopg, which has the same problem.  There is a hint on
> using python2.x-engenix-mxdatetime instead of python2-mxdatetime.

the version of psycopg currently in Incoming is built against
python2.1-egenix-mxdatetime and works perfectly. the old mx packages
without 'egenix' in the name are deprecated and should be avoided. (i
think they will be removed from the archive upon no other packages
depending on them.)

ciao,
federico

--