Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 21:58:42 -0500
From: Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com>
To: python-list@python.org
Subject: writing gnumeric functions in python

I'm using Gnumeric 0.64 as delivered with Mandrake 8.0.  I'm trying to
figure out what you can do in Python to program the Gnumeric spreadsheet.  I
couldn't find anything in the Gnumeric manual.  I have a few questions and
was hoping someone here could steer me in the right direction.

    1. Do I have to add functions to the central startup file
       (.../python/gnumeric_startup.py) or can I define a Python module
       somewhere in my personal directory tree that will get loaded?
<...>
--- end forwarded ---

The point is not Skip's problem,
but why isn't that sort of question being asked here, on
debian-{kde,python}?

There is the kdebindings package... does it do anything for anyone?
Are there any python or perl scripts for KSpread, KWord, etc.,
kicking around?

I did notice that the dcoppython package would conflict with PyQt,
if there was a PyQt package (what's up with that?)

What is the state of this kind of user-programmable functionality with
KDE, Debian-KDE?

- Bruce