Re: Packaging decompyle - policy question

> > Hi.  So I'm packaging decompyle which decompiles a .pyc bytecode file and
> > converts it back to python source.
>
> No offense, but when would you need such a tool? I'm not critical to
> packaging this for debian, just wondering when I would need it.

I've already used it once, when I inadvertently deleted a .py file and after
searching the web for a decompiler managed to retrieve an almost perfect copy
of the source by running decompyle on the .pyc file.

Ben.

--

Ben Burton
benb@acm.org  |  bab@debian.org

Stop worrying - nobody gets out of this world alive.
	- Clive James