Re: Gmane Links in Debian Project News

On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 2:53 AM, Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> wrote:

> I can't believe that I'm the only one who considers the Gmane interface
> vastly superior.

We don't know what will happen to third parties in the future, but we
know we will always be able to control our own infrastructure. Thus,
it simply does not make sense to link to third parties when we provide
an equivalent service ourselves.

If you prefer other UI options, it would make more sense to try and
get involved by listing alternative UIs which could be integrated into
the existing system as a user option. As pabs pointed out, taste is
subjective; removing one option in favor of another would rightfully
annoy people who prefer the current system.

--
Richard