Re: DebConf13 Logo Contest: the winner!

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Luca Capello <luca@pca.it> wrote:
Hi there!

For almost 8 days now we have a DebConf13 logo [WINNER],

yay!

congratulations
to Leandro Gómez (Bcc:ed)

no need to cc, I'm on all three mailing lists

who designed it.  Actually, Leandro also
designed the other major contender [LOSER],

:(
I feel so bipolar right now

which after a draw in the
first round was beaten 12 to 3 in the second round.  I have nowcreated a
new wikipage [LOGO].

[WINNER] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/File:Dc13-leogg-02.png>
[LOSER] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/File:Dc13-leogg-01.png>
[LOGO] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Logo>

Here are the comments [COMMENTS] from both first and second round, which
should be addressed before the final logo announcement:

* easy to recognize, easy to print; better than the grey version, has
  more contrast
* has everything -- mountains, snow, a castle, a shield and a cross,
  combined in a nice way
* cleaner, more readable than the gray version, while still concise and
  getting all elements
* 3 colors, clear, expressing the concept of Switzrland, Vaumarcus and
  Debian
* maybe with swirl and Swiss cross in the same red
* I would align Vaumarcus on the right
* maybe a version with the grey like the Alps one, black is a bit hard
* with the same remark about black being a bit hard...and maybe not
  allowing black t-shirts
* but I'd prefer a less "hard" version (greyish instead of black) and
  the castle in a slightly different tone to make it distinguishable. I
  like the right alignment of the word Vaumarcus.
* this might be invertible to be printed on a black t-shirt

[COMMENTS] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Logo#Comments>

Basically, the ToDo list [TODO] is the following:

* clarify the logo license
* import the original SVG into the DebConf13 repository [DC13-REPO],
  probably under a new logo/ directory
* answer the comments above
* finish the work on the visual identity as explained in the requirementse

Leandro, could you address the first two points, please?

done!
looking at the other points later tonight.

[TODO] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Logo#ToDo]
[DC13-REPO] <http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/debconf-data/dc13/>
[REQUIREMENTS] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Logo#Requirements>

Thx, bye,