Re: DebConf13 Logo Contest: the winner!
On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 11:07 AM, Luca Capello <email@example.com> wrote:
For almost 8 days now we have a DebConf13 logo [WINNER],
to Leandro Gómez (Bcc:ed)
no need to cc, I'm on all three mailing lists
who designed it. Actually, Leandro also
designed the other major contender [LOSER],
I feel so bipolar right now
which after a draw in the
first round was beaten 12 to 3 in the second round. I have nowcreated a
new wikipage [LOGO].
Here are the comments [COMMENTS] from both first and second round, which
should be addressed before the final logo announcement:
* easy to recognize, easy to print; better than the grey version, has
* has everything -- mountains, snow, a castle, a shield and a cross,
combined in a nice way
* cleaner, more readable than the gray version, while still concise and
getting all elements
* 3 colors, clear, expressing the concept of Switzrland, Vaumarcus and
* maybe with swirl and Swiss cross in the same red
* I would align Vaumarcus on the right
* maybe a version with the grey like the Alps one, black is a bit hard
* with the same remark about black being a bit hard...and maybe not
allowing black t-shirts
* but I'd prefer a less "hard" version (greyish instead of black) and
the castle in a slightly different tone to make it distinguishable. I
like the right alignment of the word Vaumarcus.
* this might be invertible to be printed on a black t-shirt
Basically, the ToDo list [TODO] is the following:
* clarify the logo license
* import the original SVG into the DebConf13 repository [DC13-REPO],
probably under a new logo/ directory
* answer the comments above
* finish the work on the visual identity as explained in the requirementse
Leandro, could you address the first two points, please?
looking at the other points later tonight.
Gismo / Luca