Re: DPN workflow (was: Debian Project News 2012/07 frozen. Please review and translate.)

On Du, 01 apr 12, 10:51:57, David Prévot wrote:
> Le 31/03/2012 15:36, David Prévot a écrit :
> > Le 31/03/2012 04:36, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
> >
> >> Do you think it would be possible to get a few days heads-up on the
> >> proposed freeze date?
> >
> > you can expect a freeze on the Friday preceding the issue
>
> Looking back at my previous message, I realize it could have sounded a
> bit rude, sorry about that.

No worries :)

> In order to be a little more constructive,
> let me share some thoughts we recently had while discussing the
> publicity workflow (those are mainly if not exclusively Francesca's
> ideas, who is taking care of mostly if not all the DPN work these days,
> so she may correct if needed).
>
> In order to write smoothly the DPN, we could really better share the
> work: it's OK to write and organize the last missing bits the Friday
> before the issue, but it's less effective if we write it all at the last
> minute form scratch. We add some TODOs when we see DPN material during
> the two weeks, but we are not really good to draft stuff before the last
> Friday, even if some people actually replied to the recent call to help
> the publicity team. Maybe should we have a regular (short) IRC meeting
> once every two weeks (the weekend we don't actually send the DPN), in
> order to share the TODO items of the DPN and of other publicity fronts.
> Any thoughts about this proposal?

While I know IRC is very valuable, IMVHO you may be excluding potential
contributors[1] if you don't somehow include those following only the
mailing list(s).

[1] me excluded, not been much of a contributor anyway :p

How about posting the IRC log?

> Also, as suggested in the wiki [1], subscribing to the repository
> commits list [2] can be a very good indicator of the activity,
> especially for those who are not following on IRC (it also helps to
> avoid reverting improvements made by other reviewers for consistency).

Yes, I'll try that and see how it goes.

Thanks,
Andrei - off to subscribe to yet another mailing list