Re: Debian user statistics

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 07:10:14PM +0100, Gabor Kum wrote:
> 2011. február 16. 18:09:32 dátummal David Prévot az alábbiakat írta:
> > Le 16/02/2011 12:49, Gabor Kum a écrit :
> > > Hi there,
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > > Does the Debian Project have any statistics about how many people are
> > > using Debian (not derivatives) and in which country? I know that nobody
> > > knows it for sure, but do you have some numbers about it?
> >
> > We published a little article last year that could partially answer your
> > question: http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2010/01/#3
>
> Thank you, David!
>
> What do you think, where can I find something about where are these people?
> Which part of the world?

Regarding geographical distribution of Debian's users, exists also the Debian
Users Worldmadp [1]. Sadly the map is quite outdated [2], but IMHO it can be a
useful start point. And maybe someone could be interested to help the author in
gather more data and/or update the map... ;)

Cheers,
Francesca

[1] http://io.debian.net/~tar/debian-worldmap/
[2] Last update: 15 February 2003 (stats, maps not yet)