Re: Announcing d-i betas / rcs properly

Hi again!

Am 13.01.2011 10:05, schrieb Alexander Reichle-Schmehl:

>> Some major improvements of the Squeeze installer over the Debian 5.0
>> (Lenny) installer include ...FIXME...
> Maybe we can extract that from the first alpha1 announcement?  I'll
> check that.

That was easy:  Found
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2010/01/msg00002.html
(linked from http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/News/2010/).

So I propose the following:

Some major improvements of the Squeeze installer over the Debian 5.0
Lenny installer include the automatic installation of recommended
packages, a rewrite of the "localechooser" component, on which language,
timezone and mirror settings are based upon,  ext4 file system support
(while ext3 remains the default file system), and easier usage of
partitions for software RAID, LVM and crypto setups.

If no one says otherwise, I'll prepare it that way, and will send it out
in about two hours.

Best regards,
  Alexander