Re: Bits from the DPL: FTP-master & DAM delegations

Hi!

Am 20.4.2008 schrieb "Andre Felipe Machado"
<andremachado@techforce.com.br>:

>Should Debian Times publish something about these [0],[1],[2], given the
>recent PR misfire [3]?
>At the FISL 9.0 Debian debate [4], it was the very first question....
[..]
>[0] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2008/04/msg00007.html
>[1] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=287
>[2] http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/blog/2008/04/18#2008-04-18-on-freedom
>[3]
>http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2008-04-15-021-26-OP-DB
>[4] http://fisl.softwarelivre.org/9.0/papers/pub/programacao/103

Uh... I wondered about that myself if and how to add that to the Project
News and found it difficult.  If you write about that topic, you risk to
"slip of the road of objectivity" (as my german teacher used to say).
And it's a little difficult to explain, since the sources kind of
depend on each other (AJs resignation only get's a different context,
if you know about the delegations, to understand the delegations, you
need to know about the entire situation,  and to write a "fair" story,
you would need to know ftp-masters internals as well).

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander