new item for News/Press Release -- SGML integration in slink

I would like to see this item listed as a news item on www.debian.org.
If the publicity team would like to forward it around to the press,
that would also be great -- I might be able to take this task on too,
with your blessing.

If there's another address I should use in order to submit items as
Debian News, let me know.

DEBIAN TOUTS INTEGRATED SGML ENVIRONMENT

Debian's 2.1 distribution, now in release, features integrated SGML,
XML, and DSSSL infrastructure and packages.  Debian's innovotive SGML
subsystem positions Debian as a premier platform for SGML and XML
developers, offering a complete, working toolset for documenters and
markup programmers, with no manual setup required.

Features:

 * James Clark's jade 1.2.1 and SP suite version 1.3.3,
   enabling validation and formatting of SGML or XML
   <URL:http://www.jclark.com/jade/>.

 * SGMLOpen shared system catalog integration (no need to manually
   register SGML Public Identifiers or set with environment
   variables).

 * docbook (v3.0) and docbook-stylesheets (v1.13) available, providing
   an industry-standard markup convention
   <URL:http://www.ora.com/davenport/>

 * psgml, which in conjunction with Emacs19, Emacs20, XEmacs19, or
   XEmacs20, provides a profession SGML editing environment.
   <URL:http://www.lysator.liu.se/projects/about_psgml.html>

 * jadetex, combined with jade, facilitates the conversion of SGML to
   PostScript or PDF, for high quality printed output.

 * a host of other SGML, XML, and DSSSL software packages are
   available, including but not limited to sgml-tools, expat,
   sdc, perlsgml, sgmlspm, and dsc.

We believe that Debian's open model of participation and committment
to system quality (as reflected in the Debian Policy
<URL:http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/>) puts Debian
head-and-shoulders above other commercial or free systems.  SGML
integration efforts continue apace in the unstable distribution,
including DocBook 3.1, DocBk XML, TEI, and more DTDs.

For more information on Debian see <URL:http://www.debian.org/>.
For installation on how to obtain and install the stable release,