Re: Covering visa fees as part of flights+accommodation expenses for events

Hi,

Em 27/06/2022 12:34, Jonathan Carter escreveu:
Hi Debianites

I don't think this needs to be a GR per sé, but I'd like to hear the views of others on this, and I hope that we can garner enough consensus so that we can just go ahead and implement this in our future bursary policies.

I belive Debian should help with visa costs.

And I would like to suggest Debian (or TOs) contracts a travel agency to help those people can't pay for international tickets in advance, and wait until after DebConf to get the reimbursement.

I know always there is the possibility someone ask for fly tickets, get it from the travel agency and for some reason have to gave up to travel. But for those, I belive an agency spending more than 60k in flight tickets will have more power to negotiate the reimbursement (or re-schedule) from flight companies than each of us.

It's not easy to everybody spend more than USD 1k or 2k to join a DebConf and wait months to get the reimbursement.

Best regards,

--
Paulo Henrique de Lima Santana (phls)
Belo Horizonte - Brasil