Re: Mail privacy (was: Working for Linux/Debian)

O 05/08/21 ás 10:25, Martin escribiu:

Dears,

On 2021-08-04 20:09, Zayd Ahmed wrote:
When I originally sent this message I just saw the contact
information on the Debian website and didn’t realize that this was
a chain email.

I wonder, if we should point out more clearly, that certain email addresses on our website point to public mailing lists, therefore no privacy can be provided. The term "mailing list" is well-known among
us and explained in wikipedia etc., but not everybody understands
its implications.

I suggest to put *bold* warning signs on the top page(s), where such email addresses appear:

Any email to this or that address will end up on a public mailing list, visible to the whole world. Do not post any private
information to that address.

Cheers

I don't know where did Zayd get the address from, but
https://www.debian.org/contact does have a link to