Re: Debian infra services and tools looking for programming contributions

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 03:36:15PM -0300, Antonio Terceiro wrote:

> Not the part where I need your help. I'm looking for people who maintain
> or contribute to a Debian infrastructure service or tool that could use
> some help with programming, have the availability to provide some
> mentoring for someone who is already a programmer but not necessarily
> already involved with Debian, and would like your project to be
> highlighted in such a talk.

nm.debian.org:

 - code is at https://salsa.debian.org/nm-team/nm.debian.org
   and it has a README explaining how to deploy a local development
   version
 - Python, Django, or JavaScript[1] front-end help is always welcome
 - Plenty of issues to pick from https://salsa.debian.org/nm-team/nm.debian.org/-/issues
   and https://bugs.debian.org/nm.debian.org
 - People with experience with the code hang out in #debian-newmaint on
   OFTC

contributors.debian.org:

 - code is at https://salsa.debian.org/nm-team/contributors.debian.org
 - Plenty of issues to pick from https://salsa.debian.org/nm-team/contributors.debian.org/-/issues
   and https://bugs.debian.org/nm.debian.org
 - People with experience with the code hang out in #debian-newmaint on
   OFTC

debtags.debian.org
 - code is at https://salsa.debian.org/debtags-team/debtagsd
 - some issues at https://bugs.debian.org/debtags.debian.org
 - I'm barely managing to look after the site these days because all the
   others have more pressing issues for me to deal with
 - it has great fun potential if someone wanted to take it over up and
   play with things like gamification of tagging contributions, or
   playing package search front-ends
 - contact point: sadly, only me

sso.debian.org:

 - code is at https://salsa.debian.org/debsso-team/debsso
 - it's hard to deploy a local development version
 - it's mostly there as legacy, now that we can use Salsa as OIDC
   provider. To do a nice thing, it needs to be made to support Salsa
   OIDC, too, so that services that still only authenticate with client
   certs don't need to depend on the crumbling former-alioth setup.
 - contact point: mostly me

Enrico

[1] the UI is a Bootstrap4 layout keep as uncomplicated as possible
--
GPG key: 4096R/634F4BD1E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>