Re: Some thoughts about Diversity and the CoC

   Hi,

Am 18.12.19 um 09:53 schrieb Gerardo Ballabio:
> Dato Simó wrote:
>>> If it turns out that […] what I think […] is unacceptable
>>> rather than the way I express it, I will not post any more.
>> Well, that’s the crux of the problem, isn’t it?
> Yes, exactly.
>
> And I read the rest of your message as saying "what you think is
> indeed unacceptable". And that's in line with what other posters
> wrote.
> I had thought that there was room for a dissenting opinion, but
> clearly there isn't.

 There is room for dissenting opinions - but unfortunately yours wasn't
an opinion, it was based in prejudices and multiple false believes. If
you can't deal with having these false believes corrected then I'm sorry
but that's your issue then. And intentionally disrespecting people is
not an opinion, no matter how you want to frame it.

  Calling it a "preferred pronoun" is wrong to start out with. It's not
preferred because that would imply that there are other acceptable ones,
which there aren't.

 Your assumption that you can tell the chromosomes of a person is
utterly flawed and shows that you know quite nothing about biology. For
a freaking start, you don't know the chromosomes of a person. I highly
doubt that the first thing you do when interacting with people is asking
them for their chromosomes. I personally don't know mine and haven't had
them tested. Did you? Because as it is, there is more than just XX and
XY, and I hate to break it to you, even between those two they don't
always align with the sex assigned at birth because they can differ from
what you believe to be the "biological sex". So pretty please read up on
the topic and educate yourself before you make a fool of yourself again
when you claim to know the chromosomes of a person by looking at them
(or claiming that they mean anything).

> Thanks anyway for actually reading my message and replying to it,
> rather than just assuming that I was trolling.
 Well, you used quite some alt-right rhetoric in there, frankly spoken,
and if you are on the receiving end of the hatred and invalidating of
your sheer existence you have to understand that your pattern is very
well aligned with that and thus doesn't come over as anything else.

 Also, thanks Dato for speaking clearly of what I thought when reading
this whole mess, otherwise my mail would need to be longer.
Rhonda