Re: metaphors and feminism

On Fri, Mar 29, 2019 at 6:19 PM Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

> We call Debian Developer to the Debian contributors who have Debian finished the
> New Member process: the process of becoming an official Debian Developer (DD) [1].

Personally I think the phrase "Debian Developer" and the abbreviation
DD is a relic of an earlier era when the set of tasks available to
Debian contributors were more technical and less varied. I try to use
"Debian member" in mails since it is clearer what that means to a
larger set of people and I'd like to see Debian culture (and perhaps
the official documents) move towards that too.

--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise