Re: Apology and DAM decisions

(Copy to -private for those not reading -project; Reply-To/MFT set)

Hi,

As Debian Account Managers we welcome Norbert's frank and honest appraisal
of his actions not only around his blog but also during the systemd and
Code of Conduct discussions in the past. We're sure that this mail will not
have been easy for him to write.

Norbert has committed to upholding Debian's values of open, constructive
and tolerant debate, to being more conscious of his communication style,
and to being more open to feedback from other people.

We have therefore agreed to reinstate Norbert's Developer status with
immediate effect[1] and to amend his removal to a warning only. The warning
is effective for six months from 7th January 2019 and Norbert understands
that any breach of the Code of Conduct during that period may result in his
immediate removal.

For the avoidance of doubt, it is our intention that Norbert should be able
to vote in this year's DPL election.

1: practically speaking, at the next keyring update. It is expected before the
   end of March 2019

For the Debian Account Managers,
Enrico, Joerg and Jonathan

--
Jonathan Wiltshire                                      jmw@debian.org
Debian Developer                         http://people.debian.org/~jmw

4096R: 0xD3524C51 / 0A55 B7C5 1223 3942 86EC  74C3 5394 479D D352 4C51