Re: Planet Debian revisions

On Thu, Jan 03, 2019 at 02:47:00PM +0000, Ulrike Uhlig wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Jonathan Carter:
> > On 2019/01/03 00:26, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
>
> > Full text: https://wiki.debian.org/PlanetDebian/ProposedChanges
>
> Looks good! I like it.
>
> One tiny thingy based on a remark: I've looked up 'slur' in the
> dictionary and 'slander' and 'libel' seem to be synonyms that might be
> more widely known. Maybe a native speaker could confirm this.

A slander or libel is something that attacks an individual's character,
like falsely accusing someone of corruption.  A slur, on the other hand,
might attack someone's race, ethnicity, gender, etc.

"Disparaging statement" might work better, as it would cover both.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez