Re: Software Freedom Conservancy needs our cash

Andrey Rahmatullin writes ("Re: Software Freedom Conservancy needs our cash"):
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2015 at 01:17:53PM +0000, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > Conservancy is an amazingly good thing.  They are the only
> > organisation doing GPL enforcement for non-FSF projects.
>
> Where can I read some examples about this?

The biggest example right now is the VMware lawsuit:
  https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/oct/28/vmware-update/

There is more on their `news' page:
  https://sfconservancy.org/news/
  https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/oct/01/compliance-principles/
  https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/aug/17/debian/
  https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/jul/15/ubuntu-ip-policy/
  https://sfconservancy.org/news/2015/mar/31/libreplanet/
etc.

And also on their copyleft compliance summary:
  https://sfconservancy.org/copyleft-compliance/

Individual compliance actions are often not public because one of the
things that the GPL licensor who wants a a violator to come into
compliance, can offer, is avoidance of the embarrassment of a public
dispute.

Ian.