Re: "Do you want to mount the drive, 'cancel' or 'allow'?"

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 22, 2015 at 04:07:45PM +0200, Rhonda D'Vine wrote:
>     Hi there,
>
> * Marcin Wolcendorf <antymat+debian@chelmska.waw.pl> [2015-09-21 21:16:45 CEST]:
> > I recently tried to mount an SD card on my Debian laptop. Since I am in  a
> > proper group, and I should have all the necessery rights, and it has always
> > worked, I thought there should be little problem. I was naive.
>
>  I skip the rest of your polemic rant, but I wonder: What did happen?
> What did you do, what didn't work the way you wanted it to do?  I'm
> running jessie, mounting usb sticks with pmount just like in most other
> former Debian systems I used without any troubles, so I wonder - could
> you maybe elaborate on your actually issue instead of going into polemic
> rants about stuff that seemingly isn't related?

OK, technically, then:
- I run Debian testing,
- I tried to mount the SD card in Thunar,
- I got policykit prompts for passwords, which I think I should not get,
- The policykit manual says nothing about the configuration. But it has links
  to nice pictures.
- The policykit package itself does not have any examples.
- The same has happened when I tried to use USB modem.

BR,

M.W.

--
There but for the grace of God, goes God.
		-- Winston Churchill, speaking of Sir Stafford Cripps.