Re: Improvement distribution

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 4:02 AM, iuri maia azeredo wrote:

> Most politely I come to ask to include gcc compiler into The standard
> distribution (source codes I think not necessary for regular Linux user).

FYI debian-devel would have been a better place to suggest this as
debian-project is for non-technical discussions.

As the gcc compiler does not fit the definition of 'standard'
according to Debian policy and most users will never need a compiler,
that seems unlikely.

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html#s-priorities

"standard: These packages provide a reasonably small but not too
limited character-mode system. This is what will be installed by
default if the user doesn't select anything else. It doesn't include
many large applications."

You can install gcc easily with this command:

apt-get install gcc

--
bye,
pabs