Re: About the recent DD retirements

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 5:40 AM, Torsten Landschoff wrote:

> I am subscribed to about 10 Debian mailing lists but can hardly follow
> more than a few discussions a week. Therefore my mailbox is filled with
> unread Debian email.

I notice we have a library for automatic text summarisation in Debian.
It might be interesting to use that to determine if threads are
interesting to you before reading them.

http://libots.sourceforge.net/
https://packages.debian.org/sid/libots-dev

> My sieve filters sort every list into an extra mail folder, but it would
> be much easier to read via some NNTP interface. I do not know of any though.
> I think Debian lists are forwarded to UseNet but it is not as easy as
> years ago to get a good UseNet server.

The Debian lists are mostly on Gmane:

http://news.gmane.org/index.php?prefix=gmane.linux.debian

--