Re: gmane equivalent

On 16/01/15 17:20, Fredrik Jonson wrote:
>>  I've used gmane for year, to take care of most mailing list tracking.
>>  Does Debian as a project have an NNTP service? We have mailing lists, but
>>  do we also have NNTP service like gmane.
>
> Most public debian mailing lists are gatewayed and available as news groups in
> the linux.debian.* hierarchy. The gateway is provided by http://news.bofh.it/.
> Your regular usenet provider probably already has this hierarchy.

I have been reading the Debian mailing lists on the news groups gatewayed by
bofh.it, operated by Marco d'Itri, through the free Eternal September news
server for many years without problem. My only reservation is that I haven't
been able to verify for certain that the message IDs and references headers
are handled correctly by the gateway.

Roger