Re: gmane equivalent

Ritesh Raj Sarraf writes ("Re: gmane equivalent"):
> On 01/16/2015 08:53 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> > I'm tempted to grant access to every machine in *.debian.net.  Would
> > that be unwise ?
>
> I've been using a combination of leafnode + gmane so far, and it has
> worked perfect. I've used this setup on my laptop for many years without
> much trouble.

Right.

Let me make a more concrete offer:

On request, chiark will provide reading/posting access for DDs or DMs,
to the public groups chiark carries, including Debian list gateways.

If you would like access to chiark's news server, please:
 - email newsmaster@chiark.greenend.org.uk with a signed request
 - stating the IPv4/IPv6 address or domain name to grant access to
 - stating who (besides you) has the use of that address or name

I (or Matthew Vernon, my co-newsmaster) will reply notifying you that
access has been granted.[1]  We will also create new gateways for
mailing lists (not just Debian lists) on request.  You'll be in the
same category as Cambridge University users:
  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~news/ucam.html

We are also generally happy to peer:
  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~news/peer.html

Please feel free to repeat this offer elsewhere, or reproduce it on an
appropriate wiki page, or whatever.

Ian.

[1] For the avoidance of doubt, we reserve the right to say no or
terminate access for any reason or no reason.