Re: Nordic Debian meetup at FSCONS
- To: Per Andersson <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org, Jonas Smedegaard <email@example.com>, Timo Juhani Lindfors <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Jeremiah Foster <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, Martin Bagge / brother <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Olof Johansson <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Nordic Debian meetup at FSCONS
- From: Riku Voipio <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 09:12:00 +0300
- Message-id: <20140708061200.GA23880@afflict.kos.to>
- In-reply-to: <CABYrXSSCbHxvs=rcU80MOZ1P=gee3FkajxhRaQgkfB5AP66Zsg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CABYrXSSCbHxvs=rcU80MOZ1P=gee3FkajxhRaQgkfB5AP66Zsg@mail.gmail.com>
On Thu, Jul 03, 2014 at 12:35:48AM +0200, Per Andersson wrote:
> I have submitted an event to FSCONS, a nordic free society, culture, software
> conference that takes place the first week of september.
Seems to be 31 October - 2 November according to the webpage? I've
reserved the weekend for me, and will ping other finns at free thursday
> For some time now I have been trying to get nordic DDs to gather somewhere
> and establish a nordic Debian community. It has not happened anything much
> since the inception of the idea. Last year or so, people I have talked with seem
> to have gathered interest in establishing a nordic Debian community.
> At FSCONS I have applied to have a Debian room with ad-hoc activities that
> attendees bring. The solution to the issue than takes off with Debian. Think
> of it as a laid back open space or BoF where both newbies and seasoned
> hackers come to share Debian. Depending on interest more serious
> activities as Bug Squashing Parties can be arranged.
> Please join if you are anyplace near or have an interest in a nordic Debian
I'd like to see more near-area collaboration - currently it seems the
most "local" event finnish debian and other OSS people go to is FOSDEM.
travelwise, of course, for us Brussels and Göteborg are rather similar..