Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 2:18 PM, Ian Jackson wrote:
> Michael Gilbert writes ("Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members"):
>> On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 2:22 PM, Russ Allbery wrote:
>> > I don't think this achieves the goal of rotating more project members
>> > through the TC.
>>
>> You could rotate people in to serve in place of the TC members that
>> are on sabbatical, which means at least one new perspective per year.
>
> I really don't like the idea of having two tiers of TC members -
> "permanent" ones and these new rotating one-year ones.

A simple analogy, people in the rotating seats are to the permanent TC
members as debian-maintainers are to debian-developers.

DM has some definite advantages, people more autonomy and have a whole
lot more to show when going for DDship, and some flaws, it makes the
process of becoming a DD longer and possibly more tedious (depending
on perspective) than the question and answer process.

The same could be said for rotating TC members.  So, I think it worth
considering the larger perspective that the project may view the TC as
insular, and that possibly something should be done about that.

Best wishes,
Mike