Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

Hi,

Anthony Towns:
> That's an average of ~6 years, and a median of 5 years

You did not consider the current members.

> should probably be scaled down given the lack of involvement of most of
> those folks towards the end of their terms...

However, the current really-long-term members fail to exhibit any lack of
involvement. Which more than makes up for that, statistically speaking.

One other idea comes to mind: do we want to have rigid per-member term
limits, or do we allow members to swap? Thus if, let's say (hypothetically
of course), Bdale's term limit comes up; he'd like to stay on the TC; at the
same time, Keith needs to step down due to other looming responsibilities
 -- do we dismiss both of them, or do we value continuity and only elect
one new TC member (along with any others whose term ends at that time,
of course)?

--
-- Matthias Urlichs