Re: Maximum term for tech ctte members

On Sun, May 25, 2014 at 02:09:35PM -0400, Michael Gilbert wrote:
> 8 seems like it would be near ideal: turnover is dealt with only about
> once per year, it is close to the average of the existing members
> terms (7.385 years), and it's likely close the historical average
> (although I haven't calculated that, would be interesting for someone
> to research).

Going by the CVS history of the www.debian.org/intro/organization page,
past ctte members had terms of:

Manoj Srivastava ~14y
  1998-12-14 - 2012-08-30
  (* - 1.440)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2012/08/msg00028.html

Raul Miller ~ 9y
  1998-12-14 - 2007-06-14
  (* - 1.244)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2007/04/msg00019.html

Guy Maor ~ 7y
  1998-12-14 - 2006-01-05
  (* - 1.186)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2005/12/msg00002.html

Wichert Akkerman ~ 5y
  2001-04-23 - 2006-01-05
  (1.40 - 1.186)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2005/12/msg00000.html

Jason Gunthorpe ~ 5y
  2001-06-01 - 2006-01-05
  (1.42 - 1.186)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2005/12/msg00000.html

Dale Scheetz ~ 4y
  1998-12-14 - 2002-10-16
  (* - 1.84)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2002/10/msg00007.html

Anthony Towns ~ 3y
  2006-01-05 - 2009-01-06
  (1.186 - 1.312)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2009/01/msg00006.html

Klee Dienes ~ 2.5y
  1998-12-14 - 2001-06-01
  (* - 1.42)
  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2001/05/msg00010.html

I've put the CVS revision id in brackets for the relevant commits to
organization.data in the webwml tree for verification purposes, and based
on the commit dates had a look in the -ctte archives for what seem to
be the relevant removal mails.

That's an average of ~6 years, and a median of 5 years; but that should
probably be scaled down given the lack of involvement of most of those
folks towards the end of their terms...

Cheers,
aj