Re: Sponsoring a Tails hackfest?

On Sun, May 4, 2014 at 6:00 PM, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> In 2011, I asked the former DPL for sponsoring a 2 months trip to India
> with the purpose of giving talks and participating in local sessions
> about FreedomBox - also a non-pure Debian Blend.

Indeed, definitely not the first time events for non-pure Debian
Blends have been sponsored by Debian, I can see DebianEdu and Emdebian
on the sprints page in addition to your Debian/FreedomBox related
trip.

In addition:

I believe that several of the Tails developers are Debian members and
contributors for quite a while now, I first met some of them back in
2011 at DebConf Bosnia.

Tails has been getting a lot of exposure in the media due to Snowden
and Schneier mentioning their use of it. Since they prominently
mention Debian on the front page of their website, that means a some
exposure for Debian. Sponsoring the hackfest can only increase that
exposure.

As far as deltas go, we don't track that from the Debian side yet
but... The tails usertags indicate a track record of bug reports. The
Debian Live project git log mining indicates a track record of
contributions to Debian Live.

https://wiki.debian.org/Derivatives/Census/Tails
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?users=tails-dev@boum.org;archive=both
http://live.debian.net/gitdm/