Re: On debian-private privateness

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 01:03:41AM +0100, Jakub Wilk wrote:

> Every time debian-prive@ldo receives a message containing “can be
> declassified at any time”, or “nothing private in this mail”, or similar,
> Godzilla kills a baby silver fox.
> Please, think of the puppies, and post to a public mailing list instead.

I agree in principle, but in practice my understanding is that those
lines are used when one is quoting non-disclosable content, or when
writing things that can be quoted publicly, about a topic that is not
public.

I would very much like to have generally accepted guidelines / practices
for taking a -private thread out of -private, without the risk of being
blamed for leaking fractions of bits of -private content.

Ciao,

Enrico

--
GPG key: 4096R/E7AD5568 2009-05-08 Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org>