Re: clarify FTP master delegation?

Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.pro> writes:
> On 11/03/14 20:47, Neil McGovern wrote:
>> On 11 Mar 2014, at 18:20, Daniel Pocock <daniel@pocock.com.au> wrote:
>>> There is some ongoing discussion (on debian-legal) about whether the FTP
>>> masters will accept a particular package
>> For those who weren’t around 10 years ago, I would suggest[0] reading up on #283578, and associated mails to the lists, LWN articles etc around the time.
>>
>> Neil
>> [0] Or don’t. It’s probably better to do something more useful with your time.
>>

> 283578 is far less controversial
>
> It was rejected softly using some very generic reasons
>
> The more controversial package being discussed now probably needs to be
> rejected more emphatically (and not simply using some technicality)

Could you give a link to this package/discussion that you're alluding
to? I understand that you apparently want to have an abstract discussion
about this topic, but I'm really wondering what this is all about (and a
quick glance over debian-legal at Gmane didn't show any obvious
megathreads).

Best,
-Nikolaus

--