Re: Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Hi Matthew,

>> Your rationale does not explain how the normal policy process has failed
>> to deliver the outcomes required by the project. I think the project
>> should
>
> Sorry about that; I rather thought that the TC failing to rule on the
> issue was failing to provide clarity on this important issue.

Quite the contrary. The TC was never actually asked to rule on this issue.
It is standard that the TC rules on issues when the normal processes have
broken down in some way. As described in detail in #727708, the TC chose not
to rule on it because the normal policy process was not broken -- in fact
the normal policy process had barely even started. The TC is not the
project's normal policy process any more than a GR is the project's normal
policy process.

I would add that picking at a sore like this *will* end up breaking the
normal policy process; we're dealing with self-fulfilling prophecies here.

Stuart

--
Stuart Prescott    http://www.nanonanonano.net/   stuart@nanonanonano.net
Debian Developer   http://www.debian.org/         stuart@debian.org