Re: GR proposal: code of conduct

Jonathan Dowland dijo [Sat, Mar 01, 2014 at 11:40:11AM +0000]:
> > Which, I think, is the status quo (except in cases where meetbot is used,
> > but then logs *are* available and good use of meetbot makes them
> > readable)
>
> I believe there are Debian sub-communities (and communities of other
> F/OSS projects) where IRC has become de-facto essential to participate
> which excludes people who lack the free time to use it effectively.

Well, you could see as two very distinct ways of using IRC: Idling in
IRC is quite different from agreeing on specific meeting times (where
meetbot logs are generated). The interaction (both quantitatively and
qualitatively) tends to be so different between them, they are
completely different beasts IMO.