Re: Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Hi,

On Montag, 3. März 2014, Tollef Fog Heen wrote:
> It's a false dichtonomy, we could say that GNOME doesn't work on those
> platforms.  That'd be sad, but it wouldn't make those platforms
> unusable, nor would it make GNOME generally unusable.
>
> It wouldn't be the first or the last time we don't have feature parity
> between ports.

that, plus it's s/GNOME/GNOME, KDE and Xfce4/g (yawning!) and yes, I think we
should rather keep those desktops instead of the toy ports or those
toy/historic init systems. _if_ that question ever pops up like this for real
and not just in doomsday threads.

cheers,
	Holger

P.S.: I pretty much used to dislike the term toy ports. This init system saga
has made me change my language, not sure yet, if also constantly my mind. I
also don't think I really like the change in language, but meh.