Re: Proposal - preserve freedom of choice of init systems

Hi,

> Given the ambiguity about whether this GR vacates the earlier TC decision, I
> think it would be best to simply include in your GR text a statement that
>
>   The Debian project reaffirms the decision of the TC to make systemd the
>   default init system for jessie.

The reason why I went for stating (twice) that my GR doesn't alter the
TC's choice of init system rather than reaffirming is that there might
be people who are unhappy about the choice but content to live with it
- and I'd like not to cause those people to vote against my GR. So I'd
be happy with changes that made it even clearer that I don't intend
to change the default (though, as I say, my text says so twice
already), but not things that may alienate those who don't want to
sign up to "systemd is great :-)".

Regards,

Matthew

--
"At least you know where you are with Microsoft."
"True. I just wish I'd brought a paddle."