Re: Debian Services Census

Am 13.02.2014 um 22:57 schrieb Martin Zobel-Helas <zobel@debian.org>:

> Services can be anything from the mail forwarding service for
> @debian.org addresses that lives on master.debian.org operated by DSA,
> web applications, email bots, command line scripts you can run on
> debian.org machines, automated package checkers that report bugs to
> people, Debian-related services that people run on their own
> infrastructure like screenshots.debian.net and son on.  Have a look at
> https://wiki.debian.org/Services for more examples.

Great initiative! I really like that effort as it is always important to know that kind of things.

What I miss: some sort of dependency - what service is relying on what other services?

Unfortunately I have a problem with the renaming of my pet service Buildd.Net on https://wiki.debian.org/Services. I added my service as BuilddNet and it got renamed to "UnofficialBuilddNet". Although it's true that it's an unofficial service, I feel great discomfort with the prefix "Unofficial". No other service has this prefix and I sense disadvantage (not to say: discrimination) about the stigma of being named the only "Unofficial" service on that page.
So I propose either the removal of "Unofficial" from the title "UnofficialBuilddNet" to "BuilddNet" or "Buildd.Net" or adding tags "official" and "unofficial" for each service so that everyone can differentiate between unofficial and official services by using a filter or such. But I really object against being the only service named "Unofficial".

--
Ciao...            //      Fon: 0381-2744150
      Ingo       \X/       http://blog.windfluechter.net

gpg pubkey:  http://www.juergensmann.de/ij_public_key.asc