Re: Debian SIP feedback?

On 05/02/14 19:45, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 07:29:24PM +0100, Daniel Pocock wrote:

>>> I actually can't get those to work.  That is, I can call them,
>>> they pick up, but I never hear sound from the other side.
>>>

>> Please open the JavaScript console before starting the call to the test
>> number
>
> This was with jitsi

OK, this may be because Jitsi doesn't currently use ICE/TURN with SIP

It does use ICE/TURN with XMPP (all the protocol support is there behind
the scenes) and they are planning to extend it to SIP very soon now:

https://jitsi.org/Documentation/FAQ#stun

In fact I'm very confident they can make this work because I borrowed
their ice4j.jar and put it in Lumicall, where I have it working with SIP
for 2 years now.