Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 04:35:15PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> Le Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 09:32:47AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
> >
> > If not, we can do mission-specific fund raising, I wouldn't mind that
> > either, as we do something similar for, say, DebConf already. It
> > wouldn't be possible, in my opinion, to raise all the needed money
> > before OPW application deadline. But I'm 100% sure that given few months
> > we can raise the needed money. Hence, I do not see this as a blocker to
> > go forward (as long as people believe in my prevision). Would you
> > consider this acceptable?
>
> Hi Stefano and Sune,
>
> I think that projects such as the OPW are best suited for fundraising and I
> would personally be keen on donating money.  Also, I think that it would be
> fair to use Debian's money for the first round of OPW if the admins are
> committed to use fundraising for the next rounds.
>
> This said, if the GSoC admins would like to redirect the money they bring in
> Debian to the OPW I think that it would be fair to accept (do-o-cracy...).

Purely my own opinion, not the view of the GSoC admins (or rather, not
*verified* as our view), just mine:

Yes. This would be amazing.

The money each year goes to the *org*. We can spend it as an org, and
really, it's up to the DPL. In years past, it was used to help pay for
DebConf newbies, but I (personally) would rather see an OPW slot.

*personally*

> Bonus question: do we have good fundaising-management sofware packaged in
> Debian ?  That could be an interesting project for the OPW ;)

Indeed!