Re: Debian with Gnome 2 ?

[ CC'ing Kay Hay, as I'm not sure he is subscribed ]

On 16/09/2012 04:55, Paul Wise wrote:
On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Ka Hay wrote:

Can I have Debian with the good old Gnome 2?

You will need to install squeeze and never upgrade from it:

http://www.debian.org/releases/squeeze/

If you want a GNOME 2 like experience, you will have to either switch
to Xfce or another desktop or get involved with the MATE or Cinammon
desktop projects and help package those for Debian.

or maybe he should test Gnome Classic (the fallback mode)?

Regards,

--
Mehdi Dogguy