DebConf13 Logo Contest

Hi there!

accordingly.

The DebConf13 organizers are in the process of creating the logo for the
next-year DebConf and we encourage everyone to participate.  Some ideas
are already present on the DebConf wiki [DC13-logo], but we would like
to expand a bit more our vision: we want DebConf13 to be remembered as a
great technical/social period spent with friends in a natural
environment [DC13-vision].

[DC13-logo] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/logoIdeas>
[DC13-vision] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf13/Vision>

Here is a summary of the graphic design elements needed for DebConf13:

- A logo that works in small and large scale, in color as well as black
  and white, and that is recognisable as the logo of the DebConf in
  Vaumarcus, Switzerland (like the DebConf10 logo [DC10-logo] which is
  easily recognised as the New York DebConf logo).  The logo must
  include the Debian swirl [D-swirl], albeit variants of the Debian
  swirl are accepted and welcomed whenever they are peculiar to the
  location or the DebConf itself (other than the already-cited DebConf10
  logo [DC10-logo], see the DebConf6 [DC6], DebConf7 [DC7] or
  DebConf9 [DC9-logo] logos).

- Typeface and layout grids / suggestions for communication material
  such as cover letters, documentation sheets, website, sponsor banners
  (similar to the DebConf12 ones [DC12-artwork]), stickers, T-Shirts,
  bags.

  This would ideally include 3 header hierarchies (h1, h2, h3), standard
  text for paragraphs, separator and quotation elements.

- A colour chart of what colours to use where (backgrounds, headers,
  logo, boxes...).

[DC10-logo] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf10/LogoContest>
[D-swirl] <http://www.debian.org/logos/>
[DC6] <http://debconf6.debconf.org/>
[DC7] <https://debconf7.debconf.org/>
[DC9-logo] <http://wiki.debconf.org/wiki/DebConf9/Logo>
[DC12-artwork] <http://debconf12.debconf.org/artwork.xhtml>

The logo is the most important part and is mandatory, while the two
other can be finalised later on based on the logo itself.  This means
that we also accept submissions with the logo alone.

The deadline for the DebConf13 submission is Sunday, June 17th: feel
free to add your proposal (SVG preferred and including the license) to
the wiki [DC13-logo].

The final logo will be chosen during the next meeting of the DebConf13
organization team on Monday, June 18th, in Bern [DC13-next].

[DC13-next] <http://lists.debconf.org/lurker/message/20120516.084811.b4afd4d9.en.html>

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca, on behalf of the DebConf13 organisers