Debian accepted for the Google Summer of Code 2012

Hi,

We are very happy to announce that Debian has been accepted into the
Google Summer of Code (GSoC) program this year for the seventh time.
GSoC presents an excellent opportunity for Debian and students alike
by not only getting code written over the summer but also by
welcoming future contributors to Debian.

Now we are looking for students to work this summer with us in one of our
exciting projects [1]. If you are an interested student, now would be a
good time to get in touch with your mentors; remember that discussing
your application before submitting it is always recommended so that
you can get feedback from the community.

Please also read the FAQ[2] and timeline[3] in the Google Summer of Code
website.[4]

Besides contacting with the mentors, you can also get in touch with us on
our IRC channel #debian-soc (in irc.debian.org) and the "soc-coordination"
mailing list [5] if you have any questions.

Debian's participation in GSoC has always been a great success and we hope
to continue on the same path this year too.

The GSoC admins in Debian,
Gergely Nagy, Sukhbir Singh and Ana Guerrero

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2012/Projects
[2] http://www.google-melange.com/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2012/faqs
[3] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/events/google/gsoc2012
[4] http://www.google-melange.com/