Re: [DEP5] Format of Copyright header

> It would preserve the capacity for structured semantics, but it would
> change the meaning of many files already in the wild.

True.

> On that basis, I would like to avoid making such a change before 1.0 and
> think that "formatted text" is the best option here.

Works for me.

> Would the attached patch do the job?

> +        Formatted text, no synopsis: one or more free-form copyright
> +        statement(s), one per line.

Well, except this still isn't true.  The statements may be split across
multiple lines.

Maybe just say:

    Formatted text, no synopsis: one or more free-form copyright
    statement(s).  Any formatting is permitted; see the examples below for
    some ideas for how to structure the field to make it easier to read.

instead?