Re: [DEP5] clean up the document structure

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 04:11:49PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
> this is a good idea.

> The patch applies well and before or after conversion to HTML, I have
> not seen errors.

Thanks for the review.  Pushed to the DEP repo.

> While proofreading it, I found the part where it is written “Copyright
> alone makes no sense”.  Perhaps it could be clarified whether, regardless
> of sense, a file where the Header paragraph has a Copyright field but no
> License field is syntactically valid or not.

Yes, this is also something I want to fix but wanted to treat separately
from the restructuring.  I'll propose a patch soon.

> I also noted that in the description of the Format field, it is written
> “Required in header paragraphs”, but the such information is not given in
> similar cases, for instance the Files field.  Perhaps this could be
> normalised.

Agreed.  The simplest way to normalize is to drop the comment in the
description of the Format field, since that's an artifact of my earlier
thinking on how to structure this.  Do you agree, or do you think we should
instead add this information to all of the field definitions?  If the
latter, would you be willing to provide a patch?