Re: [DEP5] Clarification of the minimum required structure

Le Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 08:01:14PM +0900, Charles Plessy a écrit :

> In my understanding, Copyright and License fields were allowed in the Header
> paragraph to let the maintainer provide a summary, or to state collective
> copyrights and licenses, but not to replace the Files paragraphs.  This was
> discussed in January 2011 in the following thread.
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/01/msg00099.html
>
> There was a related discussion in September 2010, where the decision was
> of “getting rid of the optionality of "Files: *"”
>
>   http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/09/msg00128.html
>
> Unfortunately, I could not find the thread where allowing the Copyright field
> in the Header paragraph was discussed, but I think that the conclusion is the
> same.

For the record, here is the message in which Lars added the Copyright field to
the Header paragraph.  I hope this might help archive digging in case the issue
is re-opened later.

  http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2010/10/msg00098.html

Have a nice day,

--