Re: DEP-4: TDeb specification

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 22:17:41 +0000
Ian Jackson <ian@davenant.greenend.org.uk> wrote:

> Neil Williams writes ("DEP-4: TDeb specification"):
> > Title: TDeb Specification
>
> This is all very well but err, are we supposed to review this or
> what ?  I don't think your automatic mail containing only metadata is
> really useful to prompt a discussion.

The commit hook failed and the actual paper doesn't seem to have been
generated.

http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/dep-commits/2009-March/000016.html

I also replied to dato but I haven't heard back.

Something was meant to appear here:
http://dep.debian.net/

The actual document appears here:
http://svn.debian.org/viewsvn/*checkout*/dep/web/deps/dep4.mdwn
and here:
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/dep/web/deps/dep4.mdwn?op=file&rev=0&sc=0

> Also if you plan to change the distribution and packaging system to
> support translations better (not something I oppose in principle and I
> think the idea of limited-functionality tdebs is a good one) you
> should post this to technical lists like -devel or -dpkg.
>
> Ian.

Same problem - I was waiting for something that people can read before
starting the discussion. I was going to leave it only until tomorrow
morning.
;-)

--

Neil Williams