Re: Debian Maintainers

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 10:15 +0100, Michael Banck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 03:42:02PM +0200, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> >   When a new NM gains upload rights (and becomes a DD), there is a mail
> > on -newmaint. And it's like that for years.
>
> But not since the beginning of adding DDs to the project, it was
> introduced later on.  It surely makes a lot of sense to do so, but I
> don't see it as an categoric requirement during beta-testing.

Beta-testing is good.  But granting non-DD's upload rights requires
following the rules of the voted GR.

> > It's also made public on nm.debian.org, for everyone to see and watch.
> > I expect at least the same degree of informations to be available for
> > DDs.
>
> I expect that as well, and as soon as DM starts officially and is out of
> beta.

That would be more than I expect in short term.  I think that it is OK
to officially start using the DM keyring before all documentation and
tools are ready.  As long as granting upload rights to non-DD's is done
following the rules of the voted GR.

Regards,

Bart Martens