Re: Debian Maintainers

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 11:04 +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 09:55:57AM +0200, Bart Martens wrote:
> > I'm sure that the intentions are good, but Joerg has a point about these
> > three DM's.  Maybe it is better to replace these three DM registrations
> > in the DM keyring by three artificial DM's owned by DD's.

> I don't think having dummy uploads introducing made up names into
> Uploaders fields is a great idea,

The point is that three real non-DD's got upload rights via the DM
keyring without following the rules of the GR.

> and limiting testing to DDs means you
> don't get reports of things that are obvious to DDs but aren't for people
> who've never uploaded before.

That might be a disadvantage, but that doesn't change the fact that the
point is ... see above.

> I don't think any solution short of "revert the GR entirely" would
> stop those complaints --

I'm not requesting to "revert the GR entirely".  The point is ... see
above.

> and in turn is why they're correlated with the
> original votes.

Even if such correlation would exist (*), then still the point is ...
see above.

(*): I voted "further discussion" at the time, and now that the GR got
accepted, I have offered my help to do beta-testing of the DM-infra.  I
don't see any amusement in reading that I would be one of those who
"find fault with this no matter what happens".

Regards,

Bart Martens