Re: Debian Maintainers

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 12:15:57PM +0000, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Hi Joey,
>
> On Thu, 25 Oct 2007, Joey Hess wrote:
> > DM is not fully implemented yet. AIUI, aj is still adding support in DAK to
> > auto-accept the byhand keyring -- but only if it was uploaded by a member of
> > the DM keyring team. He may also still have some more tests of the whole
> > system, I'm not sure.
> >
> > I think it's not unreasonable to defer announcements of additions to the
> > keyring until we've finished putting into place the system to manage and
> > use the keyring.
> >
> > The current 3 people in the DM keyring agreed to be beta testers of the
> > process, and I don't anticipate us adding more people until everything is
> > fully implemented and tested.
>
> Thanks for the news and keep up the good work!
>
> FWIW, I don't like the way people are using the GR to embarass you while

  WHAT ?

  It has been promised at lengths that the DM process would be very open
and done in the open. I don't even bother to search for msgids, you know
that perfectly. It was repeated that if some DD didn't want a candidate
to DM to have DM rights, then he'll have time to express his veto.

  I'm sorry, but _nothing_ of this happened, this is just a violation of
the spirit _and_ the letter of the GR. This is all _but_ good work. I
don't care if it's a mail to -project, -newmaint, or even -private. I
don't care about the _specific_ way the DM people chose to use. But it
HAS to be transparent.

  When a new NM gains upload rights (and becomes a DD), there is a mail
on -newmaint. And it's like that for years. It's also made public on
nm.debian.org, for everyone to see and watch. I expect at least the same
degree of informations to be available for DDs.

  I'm very pleased to see that a team as new as the DM one works already
so great that only 2 of its alleged members are aware of what's
currently happening. I'm thrilled.

--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit