Re: Debian Maintainers

On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 22:38 -0400, Joey Hess wrote:
> DM is not fully implemented yet. AIUI, aj is still adding support in DAK to
> auto-accept the byhand keyring -- but only if it was uploaded by a member of
> the DM keyring team. He may also still have some more tests of the whole
> system, I'm not sure.
>
> I think it's not unreasonable to defer announcements of additions to the
> keyring until we've finished putting into place the system to manage and
> use the keyring.

Yes, that is a good reason to defer announcements.

> The current 3 people in the DM keyring agreed to be beta testers of the
> process, and I don't anticipate us adding more people until everything is
> fully implemented and tested.

I'm sure that the intentions are good, but Joerg has a point about these
three DM's.  Maybe it is better to replace these three DM registrations
in the DM keyring by three artificial DM's owned by DD's.  Then nobody
can complain about real DM's already being added without following the
rules.

I'm willing to help if you're interested.
http://knars.be/bartm/DM/DM_beta_test_bartm_pubkey.asc

I guess that it's not so difficult to find two other volunteering DD's.
Right ? :)

Regards,

Bart Martens