Re: infrastructure team rules

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 09:13:38AM +0200, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> Good initiative. You might take some inspiration in the "Team guidelines"
> that I drafted earlier this year:
> http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Guidelines

Okay, my proposal was aimed primarily at the process of composition, these
guidelines go further and advise about communication and documentation.
The first matter to consider is - whether these two things are as important
at this point as the composition is, sufficient to be part of general
resolution; and if so, which parts :)

I'm thinking that if we extend beyond composition, the GR will become too
long and intricate, with more possibly contentious issues. But, one general
resolution point could be made about the rest:

* With regard to communication and documentation, infrastructure teams
  should try to work under the guidelines laid out in
  the Debian Developer's Reference.

The DR sounds like a good place to refer to - wiki.d.o inherently can't be
a stable reference, unless we protect the page :) but even then, devref has
BTS support where issues can be hashed out, whereas a wiki page doesn't
(at this time at least).

How about that?

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.