Re: infrastructure team rules

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 09:28:30AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> >   Debian developers resolve that some teams (pick up at least one
> >   amongst DSA, ftpmaster, DAM) are not functionning properly, and
> >   empower the DPL to take all necessary actions to restore normal
> >   behaviour.
> What will that ad hoc intervention accomplish in the long run?
> Does the history of teams persistently losing activity/members
> teach us nothing?

I don't see Lucas' proposal as ad-hoc.

Once we have resolved something as he propose the DPL will be empowered
to solve the problem with any team in the present and in the future. A
big part of our current problem is that some team do not feel they are
under the authority of the DPL whereas IMO the should be.

Indeed reading the first part of your proposal (btw, thanks for that!) I
was expecting a second part precisely on the lines of Lucas' POV. What I
had in mind is something like: the developer body resolves that whatever
team is under the authority of the DPL.

Cheers.